Monday, March 16, 2015


I chose the psycho analytical lens because I am interested in how people think and what makes them act the way that they do. Looking deeper into one’s personality in this lens will allow me to better understand the connection between characters. I am more interested in human interactions than any other lens about history, racism, or gender. All of these lenses are related to the psycho analytical lens because they all show their characteristics through the other lenses and has an effect on the way that they act. I’ve never looked into the psycho analytical lens so I am excited to look deep into it and compare what I see to what other lenses see. I believe that everyone makes decisions for a reason and are the way they are from past experiences. I will be able to see if this is actually true by looking through this lens. Another lens I was considering was the post colonial lens because it is easy to point out when racism is being an effective factor of the happenings in a story. I chose not to do the post colonial lens though because racism actually contributes to the psycho analytical lens, along with the other lenses that contribute just as much. I am hoping to become a better reader from this project and hope effectively be able to analyze a lens - discovering reasons for events throughout the book.

2 comments:

  1. How did you make the text purple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's at the top tool bar when you're writing/ pasting your blog in (before publishing).

      Delete