Monday, March 16, 2015


I decided to pick the New Historical lens because I know that this book takes place in a different time period. This lens interests me because I think that the choices and reasons that are made in this book has to do with what time period they are in, which interests me because the way things are today are completely different from the way things were back then. I can also see how there could be some similarities to the way things were back then to way the things are today. Another lens that I considered was feminism because during this time period men were seen as the workers and women were know to stay at home and not work. One thing that I’m hoping to get out of this project is to really understand the background of the time period Beloved was written and understand Toni Morrison’s story from her point of view.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you mention your interest in understanding the time period of "Beloved". I look forward to reading the connection you will make to today's society and how the time period influences now.

    ReplyDelete