Monday, March 16, 2015

Why I Chose the Feminist Lens

I’ve always noticed that gender equality is a big issue in the world. Whether it concerns voting, getting a job, being in a relationship; almost anything you can think of involves the issue of gender equality. It isn’t as common as it was before, but it was accepted that women aren’t equal to men. They were expected to stay at home and do all the housework while the men were bringing in all the money. I’ve never been in a situation where I have personally been discriminated because of my gender, but in my own household I see it everyday.
Gender equality is something people don’t think about, it happens everyday. Women aren’t given jobs because they are believed to be lesser than men. In fact, women weren’t even able to vote before the 1920’s. It’s an old time tradition to believe that women are lesser than men, and it won’t ever be completely solved,  slowly but surely it will be.
In my English class, we are reading a book called Beloved. The book is written in the 19th Century, meaning that there will most likely be lots of gender inequality and I have decided to read and analyze the book through the feminist lens.

2 comments:

  1. I like how we are both doing the same lens! I like how you opening statement is engaging and mentions all the way gender inequality happens. One thing I noticed is that your font changes color, other than that your blog is to the point and engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how we are both doing the same lens! I like how you opening statement is engaging and mentions all the way gender inequality happens. One thing I noticed is that your font changes color, other than that your blog is to the point and engaging.

    ReplyDelete